Manning Audiology Emerald
Get Professional Expertise Today!
Efficient Audiology Services for the Emerald Community
Manning Audiology Emerald is dedicated to providing you with convenient and efficient audiology services at the most cost-effective prices. Hearing problems often occur gradually and can be caused by a history of loud noise exposure, whether it be from working around the farm or attending loud concerts. Our range of services are curated to each person’s individual lifestyle and include hearing tests for kids, hearing aids for pensioners and more. Please note, our Emerald clinic is a visiting site, serviced by our Rockhampton clinician.
At Our Emerald Clinic, We Can Help You If You:
- Wish to know about funds and schemes that are available for pensioners, workers etc.
- Wish to get a hearing screening or comprehensive test done.
- Wish to be guided by a professional as to what are your best options following a hearing test.
- Need a hearing aid quote.
- Wish to seek further advice on tinnitus management.
How To Know When It Is Tinnitus That You Are Experiencing?
Tinnitus is a condition that people often experience when the auditory system is not performing optimally. This can manifest in the form of:
- A ringing or buzzing sound in the ears,
- The sounds can be heard in one or both ears,
- Inability to concentrate due to these sounds,
- Inability to hear clearly.
Tinnitus is often more common among people with a history of loud noise exposure and can affect individuals with normal hearing as well as those with a hearing loss. If you experience the above symptoms, see us for expert advice and treatment.
Hearing Loss Can Be Helped At Our Manning Audiology Centre
The inner ear has thousands of delicate, microscopic hair cells. It is the movement of these hair cells that trigger electrical signals, which are then sent to the brain to give meaning to the sound. These hair cells are known to break over time, which is especially the case with noise damage. This can result in hearing loss and tinnitus. When there is a loss in sound perception, the brain often magnifies internal noises as there is an absence of external ones. This amplification of the internal sounds is thought to be what causes the hum (also known as tinnitus).
What Sets Us Apart From Other Hearing Clinics?
We Are Independent And Family Owned
At the clinic, here is what you can expect:
- Get a quick 5 minute Hearing Screening Test. You can also select to participate in a 1 hour comprehensive Hearing Test appointment with our Audiologist.
- Access to Hearing Services Program subsidies and health fund rebates^.
- Payment Plan options can be checked with our experts.
- If you think you have an auditory disturbance, get a FREE Hearing Test (conditions apply).
* FREE Hearing Test available to adults over the age of 26 years (Conditions apply).
** Payment Plan Terms and Conditions apply.
# Hearing Services Program subsidies are only available to eligible clients. Conditions apply to clients under the Australian Government Hearing Service Program.
^ Check with your health fund provider to find out what rebates may apply to you.
*** Hearing screen provides a preliminary indication of hearing acuity and is intended to provide guidance regarding whether further diagnostic assessment may be beneficial. If the results of your hearing screen indicate that you may benefit from a full Hearing Test, our clinic staff can book a full Hearing Test with a clinician for you at no cost to you if you are over the age of 26 years and are eligible for the Hearing Services Program.