Hearing Test For Kids
Hearing problems tend to get worse with time and so the earlier they are tended to the better. Manning Audiology offers hearing tests for kids that are services by way of which children can get their hearing checked, get help and be provided with aid in the early stages. Balance, a perception of spatial position and remaining centred are the roles that hearing contributes to. In a growing child, these are essential and thus the earlier they are checked, the more the chances of them being corrected.
Why do kids have
A hearing screening is important in children during their developing years and even at the time of birth. The ear is an extremely sensitive organ and controls aspects of a child’s development. The auditory system may have problems for various reasons ranging from a birth defect, or in newborns, this could result due to cytomegalovirus infection.
Book your appointment today
The vestibular areas of the ear are sensitive and develop right from childhood. Kids have a sharp hearing sense and if there is a discrepancy in this it could hamper a kid’s social skills, learning and understanding. The audiologists at Manning Audiology are skilled in areas of child therapy and testing and providing aid. Your child is in safe hands. Hearing test for kids involves checking their speech recognition, distinguishing noise from speech, pure-tone audiometry and presence of blockages in the ears. The tests are designed keeping the sensitivity of children’s hearing in mind and the controls are according to this.
For Price check professional fees
How do you check for hearing loss signs in kids?
Determining a hearing loss in children is more difficult compared to adults. Check out for the following signs:
- Babies not startling at loud noises
- Babies not beginning to say simple words by the age of 1 year
- Babies deciphering some sounds but not others could be a cause for concern
- In older children, watch out for a speech delay
- Garbled speech
- Asking you or teachers in the school to repeat as they cannot hear
- Turning up the volume of the television too high
- The inner ear is responsible for keeping the centre of gravity of the child intact and thus the child losing balance a number of times needs attention
Why choose Manning Audiology?
Hearing is a subject of extreme importance. At Manning Audiology we believe in people having the right to services that are affordable and cater to their every hearing need. Our foundation rests on:
- Professional expertise
- Affordable services
- Audiologists you can trust due to their years of experience
- Efficient testing and treatment
- Industry-approved hearing aids
- Premium quality of hearing services
- Home visits
- CAPD evaluation
Our eShop has products that would help you with your hearing needs and enhance the quality of your life. Shop now!
Solutions that Makes Life Better
While there can be various reasons for a decrease in hearing ability including age, genetic build, injury or certain health conditions, there are ample solutions available today that you can avail of.
The following funding options can be availed at our clinics: