In cases of sensorineural hearing loss, it is the nerve damage that causes the loss of sound perception. A cochlear implant is beneficial as it stimulates the nerve, thus enabling the brain to receive the signals. Manning Audiology provides cochlear implants to enhance your hearing experience.
- The person cannot hear despite wearing hearing aids
- The person relies on lip-reading to get a sense of what is being said
- The person is unable to partake in conversations as they miss out on words
- Hearing aids only help to a certain degree
How does a cochlear implant function?
How is the working of the cochlear implant?
- The implant is constituted of internal and external parts
- The external part of the device is present behind the ear and comprises a microphone
- The microphone picks up sounds and processes them
- The sounds are sent to the internal part of the device
- For the insertion of the internal part, surgery is required wherein it is placed under the skin that is located behind the ear
- A wire extends from the internal part to the cochlea which is situated in the inner ear
- The wire is composed of electrodes for the passage of electrical signals
- The sounds are then carried from the cochlear nerve to the brain where sound is perceived
Why choose Manning Audiology?
- Professional expertise
- Affordable services
- Audiologists you can trust due to their years of experience
- Efficient testing and treatment
- Industry-approved hearing aids
- Premium quality of hearing services
- Home visits
- CAPD evaluation
Solutions that Makes Life Better
While there can be various reasons for a decrease in hearing ability including age, genetic build, injury or certain health conditions, there are ample solutions available today that you can avail of.
The following funding options can be availed at our clinics: