Those who work in the industrial sectors or factories can later in life have some degree of hearing loss due to exposure to loud sounds over the years. The workcover provided by the NSW Government is compensation for the costs that will be incurred for hearing aids and other services. Manning Audiology helps you with these claims.
What is the workcover and who can avail of it?
The workcover is essentially for those who have industrial hearing loss and do so because of the work environment they have spent years in. It is a scheme by the NSW Government. Workplaces that have sounds over 85dB are required to provide protection to their employees along with bi-annual hearing tests. In the course of these tests, if there is a problem discovered with your auditory system, the workcover can be invoked.
Claiming the compensation is simple.
- Lodge a compensation claim. The audiologists at Manning Audiology can help
- A hearing test will be done by our audiologists
- Once it is confirmed you have hearing loss to a degree that is eligible for compensation, a report will be made, the process for which where the audiologist and lawyer will be required to be part of
- The insurer will approve the claim and you can avail of the compensation and services
What is NIHL?
Noise-induced hearing loss is a condition wherein those subjected to loud sounds on a regular basis as part of their job develop complications in hearing. In Australia, one in every six persons has hearing loss. From this group of people who have the condition, 37% are those who suffer from noise-induced hearing loss due to the work environment.
The symptoms of noise-induced hearing loss are:
- Missing high-pitch sounds
- Requiring frequent repetition of words and sentences
- Trouble hearing background noise
- Irritability in noise environments
- Subject to loud noise environments
- Tinnitus and ringing in the ears
- Trouble understanding conversations
- The feeling of isolation as you cannot hear what is being said
At Manning Audiology you can be assured of fast legal claims approvals, no legal fees for the workcover process and once approved, the opportunity to choose from a wide range of hearing aids and global manufacturers.
Why choose Manning Audiology?
Hearing is a subject of extreme importance. At Manning Audiology we believe in people having the right to services that are affordable and cater to their every hearing need. Our foundation rests on:
- Professional expertise
- Affordable services
- Audiologists you can trust due to their years of experience
- Efficient testing and treatment
- Industry-approved hearing aids
- Premium quality of hearing services
- Home visits
- CAPD evaluation
Our eShop has products that would help you with your hearing needs and enhance the quality of your life. Shop now!
Solutions that Makes Life Better
While there can be various reasons for a decrease in hearing ability including age, genetic build, injury or certain health conditions, there are ample solutions available today that you can avail of.
The following funding options can be availed at our clinics: